5.10.2007

ConCon report

The VoteOnMarriage folks seemed to outnumber the MassEquality side this time, and I handed out about a hundred more flyers to them, including one to Kris Mineau, who seemed interested to learn about same-sex conception (thanks to the people manning the phones at VOM, who seem to have kept their leader ignorant of the most important issue). I was also surprised that Mark Solomon of MassEquality had never heard of EggAndSperm, he took a few minutes to talk to me. He wondered why I thought gay people shouldn't be allowed to have children, and I explained that it wasn't about sperm donation but about actual conception, and he still wondered why that would be genetic engineering, so I explained about genetic imprinting and how genetic engineering is required to get a viable embryo from same-sex parents. He seemed skeptical of any ethical or scientific reasons to prevent same-sex conception. It is notable that he didn't bother to say "what does it have to do with marriage", he immediately moved on to the "why shouldn't it be allowed?" question. I think he might have really heard me when I said that same-sex couples would rather have federal equal protections than a right to be exploited by big biotech into attempting these experiments.

2 comments:

musclehippy said...

well,well,well...So our little homophobe bigot Mr. Howard actually humbled himself to show up at our MARRIAGE rally! Good luck bigot! You and your whacko religious gang of social terrorists will ALL bite the dust very very and i mean VERY soon now! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow, BMG's own pet homophobe has a blog of his own.

Does it bother you that every word you type diminishes David Kravitz' credibility even further?

CRAZY BIGOT